Whether you're looking to switch insurance companies or deciding on a policy for the first time, our selection of the best auto insurance companies has everything you need.
The companies on our list all offer five main types of coverage: Collision, Collision Damage Waiver, Personal Injury, Third Party Liability, and Uninsured/Uninsured Motorists.
They also offer a range of discounts to offset the cost of your monthly premium. You can reduce your rates by opting for paperless billing, insuring multiple cars, taking driver safety classes, and staying with the same company.
We have a comprehensive breakdown of each company's policies, regulations and benefits to help you on your journey to solid, affordable protection.
So join in as we review the eight best auto insurance companies for November 2022.
Amica Mutual created our list for its Platinum Choice Auto policy, which allows drivers to earn Advantage Points and save significant overage fees.
Amica Platinum Choice Auto Policy is a ready-to-use package that includes all the basic coverage most people need, plus unique benefits like identity fraud monitoring.
It also offers no excess glass protection, rental car insurance and an Advantage Points program, where drivers can earn points to reduce excesses or prevent rate increases after a claim.
For riders who like to pick and choose, Amica has divided its coverage into two categories: things you must have and things you have. You can customize your plan to include these additional costs, but keep in mind that they can have a significant impact on your premiums.
These additional services include: MedPay, which provides additional health insurance for bills and funeral expenses. Covers collisions for accidental damage and comprehensive collisions that repair non-accidental damage, such as B. fire, natural disaster, or theft.
Two key tabs Amica offers are credit monitoring services that few competitors offer (Amica is included in the Platinum plan) and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), which bridges the "gap between what you owe and its write-off value" "Summary your car.
For the 10th year in a row, J.D. New England Regional Electric has the highest score in customer satisfaction. Amica's National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) also has a low complaint rate (rate hikes and claims processing delays are recurring issues), and earned a B+ in the 2022 CRASH report, in which mechanics have an opinion on how insurers manage policies and payments Make a rating.
Amica Auto Insurance Discount
- Bundle policies and insure multiple vehicles
- Paperless payments, premium payments and automatic transfers
- Good driving behavior: Three years without damage and taking a defensive driving course
- Youth Drivers: For students who have completed training, high-achieving students and full-time students in school
- With anti-theft device, passive restraint system or electronic stabilization
- Loyalty discount after two years of insurance
- Traditional discount for drivers under the age of 30 whose parents have been insured with Amica for at least 5 years
Amica Car Insurance Tool
- Mobile App: Track Claims, Request Roadside Assistance, Pay Bills
- Car connection tool for comparing new and used car prices
Progressive is the best car insurance with customizable premiums, and as a Name Your Price tool, drivers can choose coverage that fits their budget.
Custom options differentiate Progressive from other options. Using the Name Your Price tool, clients can set a budget and Progressive creates a strategy that matches it. From there, policyholders can choose coverage and deductibles.
For example, you can increase the deductible for comprehensive coverage and save on premiums; however, be aware that in the event of an accident, you will have to pay a higher amount for the coverage to take effect.
Notable add-ons for Progressive include GAP coverage. For an additional $14 per month, this coverage covers up to 25% of the difference between the value of the vehicle and what you owe. Another valuable add-on is the custom equipment cover, which allows you to repair any mobility aids, GPS systems, or other customizations you may have made to your vehicle.
Progressive also covers some things that other insurers rarely do. One is carpool insurance, if you work for any type of carpooling service (Uber, Lyft, or even food delivery), whether you're full-time or part-time, you can be covered. Additionally, Progressive's collision insurance covers medical care for any injuries your pet suffers in an accident.
In terms of savings, Progressive's Telematics Snapshot program uses driving data such as acceleration, braking and distance and offers drivers discounts for safe driving. Additionally, it offers customers the opportunity to join its self-deposit bank. The plan saves $50 every six months with no claims until you hit your deductible limit. If you subsequently report a claim, your deductible has already been paid.
Progressive Auto Insurance Discounts
- Bundle auto insurance with home, lease or life insurance
- Insure multiple vehicles
- Anti-theft alarms and other vehicle safety features
- Opt for automatic and paperless payments
- Use progressive keep continuous coverage
- Youth Driver Discount: High-achieving full-time students and runaway students
Progressive Auto Insurance Tool
- Find coverage options within your budget with the Name Your Price tool
- Auto insurance calculator based on your status and your personal information
- Get personalized rates with Snapshot, a usage-based insurance plan (not available in California and North Carolina)
- Mobile App: Check your driving status, view recent trips and learn how to improve your driving
State Farm is the best car insurance for young drivers because it rewards teen learning drivers with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, saving up to 25%.
Teen drivers have the highest insurance costs, but State Farm differentiates itself from other insurers by offering teen drivers deep discounts that can offset high premiums. The Good Student Discount allows policyholders to save up to 25% if their teen driver maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher until age 25. Drivers under the age of 21 can also receive a discount by taking a driving school course.
Additionally, the Student Away at School discount helps customers save money by insuring students at home only during the holidays and holidays.
State Farm is known for its network of nearly 19,000 agents in all 50 states. This makes it ideal for those who prefer a more personalized service and prefer to have a dedicated agent to solve problems.
If you have an accident more than 50 miles from your home, State Farm provides you with rental car and travel expenses insurance. If your car breaks down (for example, you have a flat tire, need a quick start, or you leave your keys in the car), others will cover roadside assistance, while if you are in an accident, State Farm's travel coverage is expanded Roadside assistance is fully covered by you. This will pay up to $500 per claim when your car is in store, such as hotel and meals and rental cars.
A distinct advantage of State Farm is its Drive Safe and Save telematics program, which monitors and provides feedback on your speed, braking and other driving factors. State Farm only offers you a discount upon registration, and once you use the app, you can get up to 30% off safe driving habits.
In J.D.'s 2021 Customer Satisfaction Report. Power for Auto Insurance, State Farm is the top-ranked auto insurer in the Southwest and second in Texas, New York, New England and the Northwest. State Farm improved its NAIC customer complaint index, dropping its score from 0.71 to 0.67.
State Farm Auto Insurance Discounts
- Bundle with renter, homeowner or life insurance
- Insure multiple vehicles
- Drive Safe & Save telematics program rewards you for good driving habits
- Defensive driving courses (in selected federal states)
- Vehicle safety features (seat belts, airbags on older vehicles)
State Farm Auto Insurance Tool
- Mobile App: Pay Bills, File Claims, Request Roadside Assistance, View IDs and Link Your Bank Account
- Book a car with Enterprise or Hertz
- Reliable Auto Repair Shop Directory
Farmers is our best car insurance for essential workers because it offers a range of discounts specifically for teachers, medics and other first responders.
While Farmer's rates aren't the lowest on the market, they make up for it by offering policies and discounts that other insurers don't. One example is the affinity rebate, which is awarded to medical professionals, members of certain organizations, and military personnel on active duty, reserve duty, or honorably discharged.
Another notable discount is the premium driver discount for those over 55 (or 65, depending on the state) who are completing state-approved driver safety training. This is valuable because older drivers, like teenage drivers, pay higher premiums because their insurance is considered more risky.
For vintage car lovers, Farmers offers vintage and collector car insurance. With this case, you can protect your collectibles on the road or even at auto shows abroad. Policyholders can combine this with parts coverage and get up to $750 in repairs or replacement parts at no additional cost.
One downside to Farmer is that the prices are slightly above average; however, its unique offerings make it a great option for those willing to spend more for custom insurance.
Farmers Auto Insurance Discounts
- Bundle insurance policies and insure multiple vehicles
- Student discounts for good grades and absenteeism
- Automatic, paperless and timely payments
- Shared family car (not available in California)
- Anti-theft, anti-lock braking and passive restraint systems
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicles or Vehicles Using Other Alternative Fuels (California Only)
- Discounts for military personnel and other essential service professionals
Farmers Auto Insurance Tool
- Mobile App: Chat with an agent, request roadside assistance, request a quote
- Professional insurance such as motorcycle and boat insurance